The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
We want to fill this position with a business minded and proactive enthusiast with a strong passion for life safety engineering and people development. He/she is to support us in securing the IKEA brand and our vision of creating a better everyday life for many people in Southeast Asia and Mexico.
· Support, coordinate the implementation and monitor compliance to IKANO Retail Expansion Risk Management Process. This starts from land acquisition to the final hand over, while securing a strong focus on life Safety and its vital engineering’s system and processes on all ongoing expansion projects (Retail, Shopping Centre, Mixed Use development or others)
· Responsible for the development, implementation and follow-up of operational Safety & Security standards across all units in the region.
· Degree qualification with proven knowledge / experiences in the engineering field (MEPF preferred)
· Possesses at least 5 years industrial safety experience, ideally with IKEA Retail and /or Shopping Centre experiences, knowledge of relevant IKEA Safety & Security steering documents and compliance tools will be an added advantage
· Possesses life safety engineering background
· Possesses good track record in setting up complete Safety & Security frameworks, and drive changes in complex environments
· Able to lead, translate direction and strategy into execution
· Able to drive implementation with strong resilience, good communication and interpersonal skills
· Prior experience in leading and development of engineering and construction expansion projects will be an added advantage
· Have strong passion for life Safety engineering and has experience in developing, implementing and improving processes.