The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
A day in your life with us:
- Ensure that the store is in safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and customers.
- Ensure the general maintenance and repair/replacement of buildings, property, fixtures or equipment, which includes mechanical, plumbing, electrical, electronics, carpentry and painting repair/maintenance is done on a regular basis.
- Able to operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Actively respond to all emergency calls within the store and ensure the job is complete.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled.
- Understanding the store and your department action plans. Take responsibility for your department goals and know how to contribute.
- Actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work within the team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- Any security breaches must be notified concerned authority and manager.
- Be aware of all security related emergency response and follow the policy and procedures.
- Solid technical knowledge of electrical installations, repairs including machines and mechanical systems.
- Experience of working in a maintanence department.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to work together in a team.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.