Вакансии > Legal Counsel, Inter IKEA Group, Core Business Range
IKEA unites thousands of co-workers and hundreds of companies with different owners all over the world, organised in a franchise system. Inter IKEA Group is the group of companies that connects IKEA franchisees with range development and suppliers, and aligns the overall IKEA strategic direction. All to create a better everyday life for the many people. The Group includes Inter IKEA Systems B.V. – the worldwide IKEA franchisor – as well as range development, supply and certain industry activities.
Inter IKEA Group, Core Business Range, with IKEA of Sweden AB in Älmhult, Sweden, as its core unit, has the exclusive assignment to determine and develop the entire IKEA product range, including products, packaging solutions and related services. Each year IKEA Core Business Range introduces 2,000 new products within the total range of almost 10,000 products.
The Legal & Governance function of Core Business Range provides business minded support within a wide spectra of areas including intellectual property, agreement drafting and reviewing, litigation and arbitration management, data privacy, corporate and governance structures etc. We are now looking for an experienced legal counsel within the field of IT/Tech/Data Privacy to be part of our legal team in Älmhult. As Legal Counsel within this area of expertise you will manage a wide range of legal matters with focus on legal support to Business Area Home smart, a department focusing on incorporating digital elements and technologies into our products and solutions, and CAIP Digital, the indirect procurement function for IT and digital solutions. You will report to the General Counsel, Core Business Range, and you will be part of a diverse organisation with global connections.
- Providing legal support and managing legal matters within commercial development and collaboration agreements, IT and digital procurement and data privacy.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and other legal documents in an international context.
- Standard agreement template drafting and implementation.
- Support in developing new products and technologies as well as partnerships.
- Evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and opportunities and provide advice on how to mitigate risk exposure and optimize business opportunities.
- Respond to legal inquiries and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Training of the organization within different legal fields and internal policies and processes.
- Monitoring the compliance with laws and internal policies and processes.
The person we are looking for is goal-oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to impact the IKEA success story through your day-to-day work. Our organisation requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
- A Degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.) with excellent results.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience from a reputable business law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel in an international legal or business environment.
- You have previously worked with IT/Tech/Data Privacy matters and have extensive experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating different types of agreements which are regularly occurring within this field of expertise.
- Additional educational and/or professional experience within the field of intellectual property law is considered as a merit.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Fluent in Swedish is considered as a merit.
- Pragmatic, and have a solution-oriented approach, with a sound judgement and a cost-conscious manner.
- Equipped with good negotiation and problem-solving skills and a high level of professional ethics and integrity.
- Pedagogic, flexible and service-minded.
- Well-organised and know how to prioritize and manage your time.
- A driven team player who can work independently as well with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on, enthusiastic self-starter who assumes responsibility.
We offer a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment where we both give and take responsibility. You will have the chance to grow with us professionally and individually. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with and support stakeholders and colleagues as well as share your knowledge with people in a global and dynamic context.
Along with a comprehensive CV, please include a cover letter expressing your interest and motivation for applying for the position. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact General Counsel Nils Petersen +46 72 160 67 93. If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact our People & Culture Recruiter Marie Sandman +46 768545309. Last application day: 23rd of January 2022