Вакансии > Public Affairs Leader
Inter IKEA Systems (our friends call us Core Business Franchise) is the owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide franchisor. Our responsibilities include protecting, developing and enabling the future success of the IKEA Brand and Concept. This may sound simple, but there are a lot of different things we do to make sure the IKEA business stays strong.
Next to what we do, is how we do things – an important and unique part of who we are. We let our values guide us in everything we do, meaning all of us are committed to leading by example, working together, finding new ways and getting things done. We also know that business succeeds when people do, so there is always room to develop and grow in your everyday work.
Read more about us at https://about.ikea.com/en/about-us/
About Core Business Franchise Communication
Our goal in Communication is to proactively and transparently communicate the why/what/how behind our main franchising responsibilities. We specialise in Co-worker communication, B2B communication (to our franchisees), and external communication such as media relations, public affairs and social media.
No matter which leg of communication we are working in, we all contribute to meeting our goals by:
- leading assignments and topics that deliver to our common business priorities
- engaging with the right target groups and stakeholders at the right time
- interacting with colleagues from all parts of the global IKEA franchise system
- ensuring all communication is in line with the IKEA tone of voice
Do you think you’d be a great addition to our team? Then we want to hear from you! Just make sure you read the whole ad and answer the questions at the end so we can really get to know you and consider you for this role.
About the job
Media relations and public affairs is how we share what we do, how and why we do it, with external stakeholders and through our own channels. This drives curiosity and engagement and builds trust in the IKEA Brand.
Public Affairs Leader
For this role, we are looking for someone with extensive experience in the field of Public Affairs and/or external communication – a person with strong value-based leadership, willing to grow and develop.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for reputation building in the NL as a key liaison for the IKEA business operations, locally and regionally.
- Create and maintain long-lasting relationships with key governmental stakeholders, supporting the abilities for Inter IKEA Group to operate our international franchise system, governed under Dutch law.
- Develop, manage and maintain international and diplomatic relations and networks, contributing to a successful expansion of the IKEA Brand and business in new and existing markets.
- Enable a public dialogue in NL and EU forums; politicians, decision makers, NGO´s - and connecting the global public affairs agenda to NL and EU regulatory agenda
- Support in increased Public Affairs awareness and competence within Inter IKEA Systems B.V., the worldwide IKEA franchisor.
- Be part of the IKEA PA network, contributing to the establishment of an effective and aligned governance structure for Public Affairs across all IKEA stakeholders.
- Contribute to the proactive external communications agenda for the global IKEA franchisor (PR, PA and social media) – together with the external communication team – and secure alignment with the overall communication strategy and plan.
- React with high quality and speed when it comes to external communications topics that could influence our business.
- Give us, as the global IKEA franchisor, a voice in global and national arenas on topics related to our business needs and responsibilities, and strive to influence important topics that impact our business.
- Work together with other IKEA companies/franchisees to align views on global Public Affairs issues that influence the IKEA business whenever possible.
- Key topic areas: Franchising, Competition, Tax/Finance, Sustainability and Digitalisation
You are very adept in building trusting relationships and long-term partnerships with stakeholders at all levels. Social skills are a natural part of who you are. You have a proven track record in delivering results through others, making complex tasks and processes understood and actionable.
You have extensive experience in leading projects and people, with a strong understanding of how communication enables change and contributes to business development. You feel as confident being part of a team, supporting colleagues across the IKEA franchise system, as you feel working by yourself.
You are recognised for well-developed strategic and analytical skills. At the same time, you know how to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You are a true role model when it comes to leading by example – an ambassador of the IKEA values, through and through.
In order to succeed, you will need very strong verbal and written English language skills. Knowledge of the Dutch political and governmental landscape is a big advantage, as well as knowledge of the Dutch language.
As a person you are hungry, eager to learn and develop. We see a strong personality, extrovert and driven without being competitive. We are one team, with team players only.
IKEA is an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation. You will have the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our workplaces, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Do you want to join a team of strategic doers in our journey to grow and develop the communication function within Core Business Franchise? Send your application by 27 May 2022.
Please make sure your CV is in English, and answer the following questions in your letter.
- What can IKEA do for you?
- Why IKEA (as your next working destination)?
- What are the key components in a successful Public Affairs assignment?
If possible, please also include a short film introducing yourself. (Keep it simple! Just make it on your phone.)
If you don’t include a CV and answers to the questions above, it will be really hard for us to see how well you’ll fit in our team. So please be sure you submit a complete application.
If you have any questions about the job or the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Angelica Svensson
A few more details for you
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands. Travels may be required. This role sits in the Communication leadership area at Core Business Franchise, and report to the External Communication Manager.