Customs in IKEA Supply China is to secure a well-functioning import and export process to support the IKEA goods availability for the fulfilment of the agreed service level to our customers with the possible lowest cost, meanwhile to ensure that we are conducting our business in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
About the job
To support the Asia Pacific country customs team to ensure we conduct business in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations. To provide expertise within Asia Pacific region regarding relevant regulations and the integration of regulatory requirements into projects, business plans and processes for business development.
To lead customs and trade compliance programs, create close network with global customs coordination center, country customs teams and regional operation support center to secure IKEA’s customs and trade compliance strategy and policies well executed in Asia Pacific. This job is also to lead or support the customs expansion project through comprehensive study of the policy, regulation and way of working to ensure the successful customs operation start up in the new market.
1. Build and maintain close network with country customs teams in AP to track new policy and regulations and support the implementation of new way of working towards the new policy/regulations.
2. Work closely with country customs teams and regional operation support center to secure the customs compliance set up in customs related processes, coordinate and facilitate customs compliance issues resolutions
3. Lead HS code Classification 4 eyes principle and deviation settlement process to secure accuracy of HS code classification in AP.
4. Lead Internal Customs compliance review and support external customs audit and AEO applications.
5. Identify and implement new FTA Agreement to maximize the use of the preferential programs in a compliant way.
6. Lead or support customs expansion project through comprehensive study of the policy, regulation and developing way of working for the new market.
7. Build extensive network to proactively track and analysis trade environment to provide high level insights to targeted stakeholders, with aim to maximize customs and trade benefit and mitigate compliance risk in a proactive way.
8. Build overview on IKEA Value Chain and Participant as the trade compliance representatives in cross functional projects and provide customs and trade advisory to secure customs requirements and trade opportunities are well considered in a proactive way.
9. Initiate and conduct customs and trade related educational programs to maintain and develop customs compliance knowledge and capability.
10. Support the lobby with authorities for the implementation of new policies/regulations.
A JOB-SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
1. Solid knowledge of classification, valuation, country of origin, free trade agreement, compliance review and other customs compliance related areas.
2. Sound experience in customs and trade compliance and various import/export models (eg. bonded, processing trade, etc.)
3. Knowledge/Skills to design and deploy effective trade compliance programs
4. Good knowledge of Supply Chain and logistics
5. Experience in leading and managing projects
1. Keen interest with multinational customs and trade knowledge.
2. Enjoy working in global environment, enjoy working together with others.
3. Enjoy taking initiative to find new solutions and optimize existing ones.
4. Strong sense of customs compliance.
5. Enjoy challenges and leading unknown.
1. Self-driven, Work independently with minimal supervision.
2. Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
3. Ability to communicate complex things in a simple way.
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Process driven and Find better ways.
6. Strong self-learning ability
A Essential For Particular Job
1. 5~8 years of customs and trade compliance experience in muti-national organization, experience in AP region is a plus.
2. Profound knowledge of HS code classification, valuation, FTA and other customs regulations.
3. Strong analytical and conceptual skills
4. Excellent communication skills and change management skills, experience in leading customs related project is a plus.
5. Fluent English is a must, Japanese and Korean as a plus
B Preferred From Externals
1. Customs and trade compliance management experience in AP countries is a plus
2. Experience in Supply Chain design is a plus
3. Experience in Customs and trade consultancy is a plus